Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Chocolate Jesus


"Dont go to church on sundayDont get on my knees to pray Dont memorize the books of the bible I got my own special wayBut I know jesus loves meMaybe just a little bit moreI fall on my knees every sundayAt zerelda lees candy storeWell its got to be a chocolate jesusMake me feel good insideGot to be a chocolate jesusKeep me satisfiedWell I dont want no anna zabbaDont want no almond joyThere aint nothing betterSuitable for this boyWell its the only thingThat can pick me upBetter than a cup of goldSee only a chocolate jesusCan satisfy my soulWhen the weather gets roughAnd its whiskey in the shadeIts best to wrap your saviorUp in cellophaneHe flows like the big muddyBut thats okPour him over ice creamFor a nice parfaitWell its got to be a chocolate jesusGood enough for meGot to be a chocolate jesusGood enough for meWell its got to be a chocolate jesusMake me feel good insideGot to be a chocolate jesusKeep me satisfied".....Tom Waits
I am not sure How I feel about this. Watching an interview with the artist in question didn't help matters much. I realize the everything is subject to and for art, but (for me) It also begs the question, is nothing sacred?

3 comments:

MASchiavo said...

No. Nothing is sacred. Nor should it be. Besides you. Besides me.

Anonymous said...

Even the sacred is profane to somebody.

Anonymous said...

not even chocolate...