Thursday, November 23, 2006

No Thanksgiving

"Looking perfect as cats"
Robert Smith.

I am a heap of quotations. The shower curtain in the house Im (?) at has a print of a or (the) world on it. very blue. the world has some kind of mildew or mould reproduced on it. cigarettes bathing in ash in an ash tray is the part of the civilization where I am seeking none of the above. perhaps i can translate this as a ringing phone or i can say that i miss my friends while i clean the refrigerator. metaphor is a chore. I like turkey. and stuffing and gravy and pumpkin pie and whiskey and the system of myths I live on. in not necessarily this order I watched the following videos:Rio, Girls on Film, Planet Earth, Electric Barbarella, Skin Trade and my heraldic crest drooped. sorry. This year's thanksgiving winners are: to all of the people this year who gave us wars. to all of the people who stole other peoples' life savings. thank you to all of the people who made the earth a little warmer. thank you to all of the people who thought natural disasters were meant for the poor. thank you to all of the people who used sport enhancement drugs. thank you to all the people who...........you know who you are. Candy apples called me yesterday. he said, "i hate that you have a blog. but if you have one, don't tell me what books you are reading. i could really care less." sure thing. i am just a casual application today. rain. my freedom is caricatured by the absence of my wife. I miss everyones wife. he he he. truly, this thanksgiving grab your fork and the second the blessinbg or the toast is over plunge it into some fleshhy part of the person next to you. they will love you forever as i do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you tell candy apples that if he doesn't like your blog, then he doesn't have to read it. you tell candy apples that if he doesn't have anything nice to say, he shouldn't say anything at all. and you tell candy apples that i'm glad to know you like joe brainard too.

Lester Shue said...

But Steph, I don't like blogs.