Thursday, December 21, 2006

After the Funiture Responds or How I Wish I Could Come Up With Long Titles like Joshua Marie Wilkinson

THOSE WRONGFULLY NEGLECTED IN LESTER SHUE'S ORIGINAL 2006 TIPTOP MUSIC LIST

"I Run Down the Ramp": Agha Shahid Ali


1) We are Scientists: With Love and Squalor
2) Ghostface Killah: Fishscale
3) Bonnie "prince" Billy: The Letting Go
4)Grizzly Bear: Yellow House
5)Liars: Drums not Dead
6)M.Ward: Post-War
7)Califone: Roots and Crowns
8)Beirut:Gulag Orkestar
9)Peeping Tom: Peeping Tom
10)Xiu Xiu: The Air Force
11)SparkleHorse: Spent for Light Years in the Belly of a Mountain
12)The Feeling: 12 Stops and Home
13)Nas: Hip Hop is Dead
14)The Sleepy Jackson:One was a Spider, one was a Bird
15)The Evens: Get Evens
16)Tortoise and Bonnie "prince" Billy: The Brave and the Bold
17)Elf Power: Back To The Web
18)A Hawk and a Hacksaw: The Way The Wind Blows
19)The Blow: Paper Television
20)Robert Pollard: Normal Happiness

21)Grandaddy broke up........................

Lemme know what you think??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tuesday

I carry a skyscraper to work like a lunch box*
I carry the collected works of Dickens like a small coal.
It warms my pocket.
I carry the Brooklyn Bridge like a child.
Like a boy stretching his
hunger across the avenue.
I carry my wife like a pair of binoculars.
I look into her eyes. She is a solitary gull on the East River drafts.
I carry my heart like a bottle of sin.
She carries me in her fist. Swallows my burning.
I carry my hand like a body of water.
I carry my street like a comb.
It spreads a heavy traffic through my imaginary hair.
I carry my grin like I carry it, with a little ice.
I carry the news like an animal.
It walks me to the dry fountain.
It craps in the bushes. Craps everywhere.
I carry my skin like the old country.
I flatter it with vowels. Rinse it in a dark European light.
I carry the clown like a carry on suitcase.
I put on my red nose.
I put on my shoes.
I carry my tongue like a prisoner.


*first line by Lester Shue