Sunday, December 3, 2006

Oh! You Pretty Things

Wake up you sleepy head put on some clothes, shake up your bed. Watching television, television watching is our/my decline and my decline continued with me watching celebrity television which for some reason (reasons)i enjoy/have enjoyed for some time. But I have a problem. una problema (?) with the truth dot com ads. It is a difference in philosophy i suppose. Liberal me, but I believe people have the fundamental right to destroy themselves with legal substances i.e., alcohol and cigarettes (even illegal ones, but that is a different post). I hate these preachy, didactic, condescending ads of young people enlightening the public on the dangers of cigarette smoking, on the evils of the tobacco industry. Now, I don't smoke. I can't imagine anyone thinking that the inhalation of smoke is beneficial for them. Sometimes I enjoy the smell of a newly lit cigarette. Most of the time, I just can't handle a smoke-filled anything: room, clothes, breath. All the nightmares came today and it looks as though they're here to stay. The incomparable taste of of ten carefully selected botanical ingredients coupled with a unique distillation process. Distills its spirits alone. The spirit vapor from this ditillation then gently passes through a copper basket containing the botanicals. Be brilliant and inspired. What are we coming to, there's no room for me, no fun for you. The earth is a bitch we've finished our news Homo Sapiens have outgrown their use.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

watching celebrity television is my decline too

Lester Shue said...

You got that right tootsie.

Lester Shue said...

but maybe steph you missed the point...

Angela said...

Ummm, yeah, just wanted to thank you for the lovely comment you posted on my blog...